Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MrSteele

Transmission engaged, no movement?

MrSteele
I am using the Landlord for a 'whatever needs cut' machine, and today it was mulching leaves in the woods. It has worked fine since I reassembled it after the BGB problems, but, once in a while especially after hitting a rut or similar and bouncing, it just sits still. The tractor has been moving, clutch still working, transmission still in gear, but no movement at all. I have found that stepping on and releasing the clutch makes it move again. Any ideas? I think it might be a stretched spring allowing too much play in the drive belt. Is that a good assumption?

MrSteele
Did all that kind of thing while I had it apart with the BGB rebuild. Freed, cleaned, olied, anything that looked like it needed lubrication, but will check again in case.