Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PGL

Rollover protection

PGL
Has anyone ever added a roll bar to an AC 620/616/720 or Simplicity 4040/4041 or Pow'rMax or similar? If so, are there sketches or ideas of what to avoid or any indications of whether it was worth the effort? Peter

JP
Do you have AT Firestones on it? 8-) A friend of mine DID roll his 3414H, He Realized he should've followed his 'common sense' and not used the mower there on that grade. He faired out better than the tractor, It broke the steering gear and dented the heck out of hood. I think he's a little quicker to get out the weed whacker now. His underlying rule, 'If you're going to stupid, you'd better be tough'.

BradW
I just noted a lot of newer tractors come with "stupidity" protection. I thought a bar could be useful for adding a screen on top for protection while working on forest trails, lumbering and woodlot maintenance. Because of common sense, avoidance, quickness and good luck I now qualify for senior discounts and hope my tractor and I can continue to do so for some time. Luckily I have no grass except for the uncut septic system meadow, so won't be mowing on the hills. PGL