Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally got a freebie!

msiebern

Got a call yesterday telling me that there was a tractor available for the cost of picking it up. Caller didn't know much about it except it belonged to an elderly couple who had purchased it new. Used it up until a few years ago when the Mrs. ran it out of oil. Since then it has been in the barn and the family is now cleaning out the excess items and no one seemed to want it.

I just hosed off the chaff and bird droppings. Don't think I will restore this one, just use a little elbow grease and freshen the motor.

quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C
How are you guys able to do it?? I can't find any freebees!
Patience is all I can say. This is the first time in over 5 years of looking for bargains that this has happened for me. Now what is it they say, good things come in threes's? Wonder what's next. :D

That was definitly worth the gas and time to pick up. My first freebee Simplicity was a 738 which I still have. They still come every once and awhile from people who hate to see there faithful tractors end up elsewhere and know I run a Simplicity refuge where they will be well cared for.

Cool nice find..I sure like those little Broadmoors..and they seem to be easier to find then and attachments as most people don't seem real interested in them..They look like a Lawn Mower but work like a Garden Tractor

My first freebee was actually a load of Stuff from Simpleton7016. Tire chains, deck shell, 42" snowblower and other little odds and ends. Yours looks great!

Nice looking Simplicity Broadmoor.There make nice tractors to cut grass with and the price was right.^ Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C
How are you guys able to do it?? I can't find any freebees!
The more you get established, things will show up your way. You just neet patience, it doesn't happen over night.