Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What did you do this weekend.

tec2484

Well, yesterday I went to work. Mowed the lawn. The daughter had a sleepover for her 13th bday. Noisy little ***** they are. Never went to sleep. Today I finally got some tractor time. I adjusted the governor on the 738, no luck , have to pull it apart to find out what is broke. I loaded tires, mounted snow blower, added bar weight to the rear, put chains on, and put on home made winter carb shield on the 728 to get it ready for that nasty four letter word. Did a little PM on the Squire 9. Dragged the 16LTH into the barn, so it's next (have to put new tires on the front, clean up the battery posts, and install a new key switch). Drank a few adult beverages and watched the race. Now wife says I am stinky and dirty. Now I wonder, what's for dinner. Wife says to find what I can. Left over pizza from the party. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner??? Yuck. How was your weekend???

not bad, drove up and saw the wife on saturday, drove back to where im livin, then went to colchester show. all in all was pretty good scott

I had all kinds of quality tractor time today! Split a big pile of firwood Got the MF GC2300 with the forks on aand moved all the green firwood I had laying up in the yard over to where I had cleared out the old stuff I just split and piled it up nice and neat. Then pushed the bark Pile I had from the last two sessions up on the concrete to burn. Then got the Case 220 wit the trailer out and hauled all the split up to the furnace. Then hauled all the garbage cans out to the end of the lane. Then Got the 712H Allis out and put the 46" HD Blade on and pused the rest of the loose bark up on the burn pile and lit her up. Then moved more tractors around in the shed. Getting all organized for winter, supposed to Rain/Snow here this week already....

Well I had alot of tractor time as well.. Got the Wheel Horse with sweeper out and picked up pine needles and took them out back where I have a couple years worth of brush pile waiting to get burned.. Dumped the piles out there then got the 728 out with the blade and pushed all the piles up to the burn pile.. Got the 5010 out and mowed the lawn. Got th 728 back out and hooked the lawn cart up and emptyed out my shed of small parts..then took all the attachments for it and will put those in the pole barn for now.. started taking down the old shed (figure I better do it before it falls on all the stuff in there or worst yet on one of the kids as they like to hide in it sometimes)..

what? the weekends over already?! Didn't get a single drop of tractor time this weekend :(! Ended up working on my "new" company truck......which over the course of 3 months someone has destoryoed into an inoperable pile of somewhat rolling steel B) But hey, next weekend is dedicated to getting more of my B-12 parts cleaned up and painted :D Course, i say that now.........

I got a little Bit of time I got the B112 out with the grader blade and straightened out the Barn yard.. Then I got out the 140 and mowed so my little Girl could put out the halloween Decorations...

Yesterday spent most of the day providing aircrew support for missions. One was a "fun" mission, other was leadership transport to an awards ceremony. Today headed to brother-in-laws to split wood but wound up getting the splitter running. Runs better on gas than water.:)! Afterwards spent a couple of hours at the neighbor's planting trees. Did get to show off the collection to daughter's boyfriend so guess that counts towards some tractor time. Have Monday off with the Holiday and plan on having some seat time with the collection. I too am wondering where the weekend went......

I got some quality tractor time yesterday mower the lawn and painting a few mower decks & getting my AC B-110,B-12 with loader running again.^ Today I went and picked up my nephew and did some more grass cutting with the AC B-110 and then trimmed the grass while the nephew rode around the lawn with the John Deere 56 riding,when this breaks down I should fix up a AC tractor for him to drive when he gets a little older and can reach the pedals{7 years old} Picked up a few branches while the nephew got a another ride. The nephew went home after we quit for the night;)sure keeps me busy with all those tractor rides and what I'm going to do next questions.:D Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

I had a very good weekend.It was not Tractor time as most of you know it but I did have a good time at Steam School.I am involved with a bunch of steam engine guys and we had some good training on operating steam engines.The school was located at the Rock river show grounds and we got a chance to run quite a few engines.Was a great time and a lot of good freinds getting together. We also had 5 ham radio operators gud time.Bob

After getting in off the road for a mounth I dicided that I needed some tractor time and that the yard, now a foot deep, needed mowing. The 620 looked so nice sitting there waiting on me. Well after cranking her up I noticed the front end about ready to fall off. OUCH. Drove into the shop, replaced front pivot bolt that was loose. I'll check the blades while I'm in here. 1 blade dented beyound sharpening due to rock damage, 1 blade bent badly. Replaced blades and started to mow. Belt slipping from engine due to heavy abuse and now streched too long. Replaced with new spare belt, now I can mow. Not so fast. Engine has no power. Back to shop, cleaned stopped up air filter. Now mow yard. Gone 4 1/2 weeks and after 100 bucks in new parts I get to mow one time. Boy, I gotta quit loaning my tractor out while I'm goe.

Helped a friend on his tractor, got the charging system on my 917 working, took my grandaughters for our bonding session on the 912 (15 min ride ea), mowed the grass and waited to salute my oldest grandson as he is leaving tomorrow for Camp Penelton for a stint in the Marine Corps. God speed.

Lets see Sat, worked on b-112, tried to mow, it died, AGAIN, went to work. Sun, worked on carb and points, AGAIN, went to work. Hey the weather was nice!!

Completed day 6 on my new job, loving it. Normally they run very few Saturdays, just had the floor recoated so it threw everything behind for a bit. The powder plant is only a year old but since its new and the only one in the U.S. Theyre having a Grand Opening , Governor and a bunch of "Important" people supposedly to be there so They wanted it to look good I suppose. After work I went to Cleveland, GA. and bought a few more goats at the night Auction. De-wormed and gave yearly tetanus shots today. No tractor time this week-end. Hopefully I'll get some painting done on the 616 next week. Gotta get a dryer and new regulator for air compressor. Hope to get it put back together before spring-time.

No tractor time, but a great weekend. My wife and I, together with my son, his wife and his two children headed up fo my sisters cabin in northern Wi, Took my 4 wheeler along also. Spent Saturday looking at where we will be deer hunting in Nov. But spent a lot of time riding 4 wheelere and walking in woods. Sat night my son and family headed home, We spent the night and headed for the western part of State looking at Fall colors. Rode the ferry across at Merrimac . Got home in time to unpack and turn into bed for another work week. Good Family time

My weekend was spent mostly on my butt at least Sat. Fri night picked up the bark from the fire wood, use the 3410 and trailer. Sat. went to a fancy wedding in Detroit for the office manager of my office down there. Sunday I loaded up the wagon with tools behind the 3410 and stripped the roof off the outhouse and but on a new wood shingle roof. Boy does it take alot of nails to put aon a wood roof. And yes I did say a outhouse, a two holer none the less. So I did get some tractor time and alot more hammer time.LOL JW

Sunday I mowed the grass, and then took the fence down from around the garden and mowed down the rest of the tommatto plants, took the deck off the 6216 and put the tiller and chains on. then i spread the grass clippings i saved all summer and tilled them into the garden, made 4 passes over it, then planted rye grass

Saturday I mowed the whole yard with the 3416H,(more like hay mowin' over the septic field!), trailered a bunch of brush to the burn pile. Got in some dirt bikin'/4 wheelin' with the kids. Went to a biker party/hog roast that night at a friends place. Sunday we drove to Chesterton Indiana to pick up a motorcycle I got on eBay and drove it home. It was a wonderful warm fall day to ride across US12 in lower Michigan. The fall colors are kicking in nicely. Other than that, not much....

Saturday was a fine day! Sunny, warm, nearly hot. I made a simple mulching attachment for the Landlord and ground leaves in the woods, cut the yard and ground stray leaves there, as well. Had a great dusty day. Did absolutley nothing on Sunday. A re[img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]l weekend to start the week. I did contact a tree cutting service and now have about 15 trees to cut up for firewood, and I don't even burn wood! Will attempt to play dragging logs with the Landlord next

Friday nite I tillled the leaves into the garden, took tiller off the 725 and reparked the rest in the shop so daughters car would fit in while we were gone. Really wantted to mow the 4 week deep lawn, not only cause it needed it, but also cause I could have on the 6th of oct in tok Ak., but, was outta time, hadda pack the PT up and hit the road.

Saturday I took the wife over to Sears to pick up something she said she had ordered but needed my help with. It ended up being my birthday present, a couple weeks early. She got me a set of the Craftsman tool cabinets. Spent most of the afternoon assembling the cabinets and loading tools into the drawers. Later on Saturday evening, went with my youngest son to get two new tires for his car. Sunday, I hauled two trailer loads of trash to the dump. Then helped oldest son work on a Mustang parts car that is in may back yard. Brake was jammed and we couldn't load it on the trailer to take it to his house. Got that fixed. Gonna move it next weekend, hopefully. Went inside and watched end of NASCAR race. Monday left home at 5:30 am, and drove to Montgomery WV (298 mi one way) to let my son (high school senior) take a tour of West Virginia University Institute of Technology. After tour drove home, with stops in Covington VA and Staunton VA. While in Staunton filled up gas tank at $1.79 per gallon. I was amazed to see that price on the sign, and had less than half a tank at the time. Got home at 9:30 pm.

Spent the weekend moving stuff from the storage unit into my new 24x24 garage. One more load to go. Pictures when I get a chance to post the story in Shop talk. GregB

I went to Lawn & Garden Expo in Louisville. Saturday went to an Aaron Tippin concert. Spent some time in Louisville, hated it. Did spend alot of time with my wife, first trip we've had alone in 5 years! I was glad to get back home to the kids.

quote:
Originally posted by 328
I went to Lawn & Garden Expo in Louisville. Saturday went to an Aaron Tippin concert.
Great concert I seen him a couple of years ago and loved it.:D
quote:
Spent some time in Louisville, hated it.
Been there done that.:D
quote:
Did spend alot of time with my wife, first trip we've had alone in 5 years! I was glad to get back home to the kids.
I hear that.B)

I went to the L&G show in Louivlle over the week end. I loved it, spent 2 day walking my legs off. I really thought this show has a great advantage over others. You can go out side and try out most every thing that you see inside. Some 20 aceres outside. I meet up with about 25 guys from another Forum for a BBQ and some good times. Briggs did it up BIG TIME at the show, with all that they gave away and had maybe the most display space there. Simplicity held its own. The Pro lawn care is a dog eat dog business and so are the venders trying to sell the latest and there greatest. But i enjoyed myself, learned a lot. I might go back.

Helped the fire chief and 2 other guys load 3 tons of scrap metal, plus clear debris and trees next door to our firehouse. We had bought the property 2 years ago and then used the house for training. (we burned the garage in March, and the ramshackle house down two weeks ago) The FD was going to pay to have a dumpster brought in to clean it up. I suggested to the chief we contact a local scrap metal yard for a roll-off dumpster, that pick up and pay for the metal. He told me to make the phone call, which I did. We rented a 8 ton mini excavator and filled the dumpster up. The Chief brought in his skid steer and filled in the foundation. Spent all day Sunday on fire police duty for a neighboring department. They were expecting a large turn out for their wet-down, but only 10 departments showed up.