Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Made out like a bandit

Simplicity314

Just finished unloading my truck from the QVEA show in Colchester. Good seeing everyone again and the show was one of the biggest if not the biggest yet. Hope everyone had a good time. I did. I did okay there I think... Got a hobby sized stick welder from Elon in really nice shape for $20. Went to the auction today, got a 1970 3212 hydro with two sets of wheel weights and snowblower for $22. Looks like it's in rough shape but the engine turns and has compression. even if only the weights are good I think I made out. Got a pull behind spreader for $5 (small craftsman type), a leaf shredder for $5, a wood stove for the basement for $20 and an automatic chicken feeder for $5. Got the feeder for the gear reduction box I'll never use for anything. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Jim I was going to bid on that tractor just for the weights and give the tractor away but no one wanted it. Things were going slow and I wanted to get back early so I loaded and left around 2:30 got home at 7:30. Ann Marie started her new job today. It went for just what we thought $20 - $25, glade you got it. I hope you found your tester and test light on your seat, THANKS.

Yes Maynard...got the test light, etc., thank you. Yeah, sorry I missed you to say "so long," but I was at the auction, obviously. I thought the 3212 would go for much more because of the hydro rear end, in addition to the weights. I was planning to go up to $40, probably would have gone to $50 since bidding is so much fun, and figured I'd be outbid. There was a neat old Beaver tractor there too, with the tiller type steering (rusted solid), which I was outbid on...went up to $50 on that one.