Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Servicing schedules/checklists

Simpleton7016

I just got done servicing the 912 and was wondering which checklists (if any) y'all like the best. I have seen a number of different versions including the ones in the operator's manuals and some that come from dealerships. Each has its positives and negatives. Some of you probably just keep it in your head, but for those of you with bigger fleets, how do you document your work? I am thinking of making my own sheet to list dates and times of the various recommended fluid additions, grease squirts, spark plugs, etc.

I keep a written record of hours for oil changes and I tune up once a year, whether the machines need it or not! I change every 20 hours, more often if I'm beating them, like pulling or dozing.

I have an index card file I use. Each tractor has it's own section with common repacement parts on the card like belt numbers and such. Some machines never even got the battery put back in this year and now I am in the process of winterizing the others again.

I use Microsoft Spreadsheet and store all my stuff for the cars and tractors..there is a speical section already set up in it for auto maint..I make some of the blank areas of it for part numbers ect..for the parts replaced..Then when I need a new belt or whatever I have the part number and the price and date of when it was done in the past...