Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My show score

ehertzfeld

Well seeing every one is show off their stuff that they got in Colchester, well here is what I got!:D [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/gen.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/gen2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/gen3.jpg[/img] Any one ever own one or seen one before? I cain't seem to find any info on it. I believe is a Tecumseh 5 hp on it. The spec are. engine: 143 675022 ser 7305B Gen: Model 80 324050 ser 0510116 120 volts 16.7 amps It's going to be perfect for the camper. It is a bit load, but I'm trying out different mufflers to quiet it down. Yes it does run, and did power the camper. Oh the best part, I paid $35 for it:D

I pulled one out of a guys trash a few years ago. It didn't run at first but after a new spark plug and a little work it ran nice and quiet. Mine is Blue(Craftsman) and has a 4hp Briggs(I think). There are no stickers! I am keeping it as a back up generator in case of a power outtage.

:D:D:DLOUD !! WHAT I guess I coulden't sleep all night listening to that thing LOL LOL :D Gee thats funny you diid'nt forget to take a pic. of that [:0]

It started pretty easily, but started throwing oil through this little breather behind the carb, leading into the valve box. TTurned out it was over-filled, not to mention the fact Elon tipped it on its side when trying to start it. He drained the excess oil and it was fine.

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
:D:D:DLOUD !! WHAT I guess I coulden't sleep all night listening to that thing LOL LOL :D Gee thats funny you diid'nt forget to take a pic. of that [:0]
WOW you can be quite brutal!!![:0][:0][:0] :D:D:D:D

There's a Guy around the corner from me that Buys sells and trades tools and stuff and he has one just like that one except it's blue..

Elon, I believe your alternator was made by Generac Corp. and has a Tecumseh model HS50-67149C engine. Go to the Sears Parts website and enter model number 580.324050 for the alternator. You will be able to see a parts drawing and a parts list there. You can also enter model number 143.675022 for the engine and see a parts drawing and the parts list for it too. Also here's a link to the Tecumseh parts list: http://www.outdoordistributors.com/pdf/Tecumseh/CRAFTSMAN-MODEL-143.675022-PARTS-LIST.pdf

Nice find and great deal... Hard to belive its loud though..in the picture the muffler almost looks bigger than the motor..LOL

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Nice find and great deal... Hard to belive its loud though..in the picture the muffler almost looks bigger than the motor..LOL
That is not the muffler that came with it. I put that one on it today.

instead of wasting money on getting the right muffler, just get your self some free hillbilly ear-plugs. (Twisted and rolled up toilet paper inserted into ear.):D -Paul ps. Nice score.