Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
GWGAllisfan

Parts interchange between 400 and others

GWGAllisfan
Hos many parts interchange betwen a 410 3speed and either a B-series or a 700/7000? It looks like the 3 speed may be similar to the early one, though the axle seems to be the newer style. Is the BGB like the early or the late? Can the entire back half be removed as a unit without removing the BGB from the side plates? Other than engine acessories and some electrical parts it doesn't look like there is much in common with the later models?

HubbardRA
Randy, The 410 Shuttle that I have uses an identical tranny to the one in my 713S, which came out of a Homelite T13. The shift linkage is different, as are some of the other hookups to the chassis. I am not sure about the side plates, and I know the hitch is different. The axle has a removable left side hub, but has the limited-slip diff on the right (an interesting combo). The BGB looks to be the same as the ones in the large frame RBTs which have a cone clutch. The 410 just has a bare shaft sticking out of the BGB, since the mower drives off the engine, not the BGB. The tranny drive belts are the same as the other large frame tractors. I removed one of the belts from the 410 to use when I messed up a belt on the 713S. Other than the engine, the only other things that are interchangeable are the wheels, both front and rear. One more thing, the headlights will also interchange with the lights on the 7100/900 series tractors. Randy, you can loosen(might have to remove) one of the side plates, then unbolt the tranny and take it out, without removing the BGB from the chassis.

GWGAllisfan
Thanks Rod I'm trying to decide what to do with this tractor. It really depends on what I can use for others I have. To rebuild the engine would be too expensive, but I hate to disassemble one so complete. But then maybe this one must die so others may live.

MikeES
The side plates are different on the 300/400 series. They have the same bolt patterns for the BGB and the transaxle but plates extend out ahead of the BGB and flare out.