Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Isleblue65

Snowblower, what's it worth?

Isleblue65
I'm considering going to look at this 42" snowblower #1690032 Does it look like all of the parts are there? Secondly, I would be interested in hearing what people think it's worth. Once I get an idea, I'll tell you what he's asking, but I don't wan't to influence your opinions just yet. Thanks, Craig [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/isleblue65/sb1.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/isleblue65/sb2.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/isleblue65/sb3.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/isleblue65/sb4.JPG[/img]

PhanDad
The hitch is broke, but should be an easy fix. There should be a length of bar stock sticking up about 6" on the right side of the hitch. It appears to be broken off. A new piece of bar stock could be welded on or maybe bolted on. A spring is connected to an eyebolt at the top of the missing piece and puts tension on the belt. Does your tractor have a front PTO? This style of hitch uses the front PTO to run the blower. With what's shown, the most I'd go is $150, but that's in my area, I have no idea what is worth where you live. Like many have said here - willing buyer and seller set the price.

wantedinct
Looks to me like the shoot is bent pretty good, and the lift rod is a little bent, and i dont see a tension spring.......$75. tops $100. if the bearings feel good,and the auger looks good. Thats just my opinion,hope that helps ya.

What ever it would save me in work/cost to hire someone. Though since my yard can't use one.... it's worth nothing to me.

Isleblue65
What he is asking for it is $100. I thought that sounded like a good price. It's in Minnesota. My issues with it right now are: 1. I just bought a really nice Snapper 2 stage blower with all the bells and whistles. 2. The Snapper and Simplicity both fit in my shed (barely). The Simplicity with Simplicity snowblower attachment definitely will not fit in my shed. I'd have to either keep the tractor/ blower attachment in my garage all winter, where it would be very tight with my cars and tools, or keep them both in the shed detached from eachother and hook them up everytime it snowed. Sounds like a pain! I really don't need it, I was just kind of excited about starting to get some implements for the 7016H. Also, I have no front clutch on my tractor, so I'm not sure how I'd make that work. Thanks for the insight on the bent and missing parts too. I'll have to sleep on this one. Craig

quote:
Originally posted by Isleblue65
I really don't need it...
Well you knew your own answer[:0]

Isleblue65
Yep, I guess I did:I Everyone who replied here also helped me decide too. It was one of those things I had no idea how much it was worth because this was the first time I'd come across a clean lookin Simplicity blower attachment. If I found out it was rare as hen's teeth and worth $500, I'd pick it up and either keep it or sell it. Next year a bigger shed is going up, so I'll be in a better spot to get some attachments that I don't have the space for now. Thanks, Craig

lboy1971
With everything shown it's well worth the $100 asking price. I've seen several similar units at dealers in the area and they've been asking $350-$500. Of course they can show a customer what a new one would cost too.

Isleblue65
Well if anyone in the Minneapolis area wants it, let me know and I'll forward you his e-mail address. My driveway is about 4 to 5 car lengths long and 2 wide, so this blower might be overkill anyhow. If I had a country lane 1/2 mile long out to the road, that would be a different story. Craig - resisting the temptation

HubbardRA
What you talking bout Craig? My driveway is 50 feet long and 20 feet wide, and I have a snowblower. One other thing, I live in VA and we get a large enough snow to blow, every two or three years. And last winter, I built an electric spout rotater for my snowblower. OK, so maybe I just like toys. LOL

Isleblue65
"One other thing, I live in VA and we get a large enough snow to blow, every two or three years. And last winter, I built an electric spout rotater for my snowblower." :D Rod, sounds like you need some snow making equipment to go along with your snowblower! Physical storage space is really my only limitation. That and I don't really "need" a snowblower, even though my heart tells me differently. If I bought it, my wife would quickly set me straight. 8)

goatfarmer
$100.00 is a good price. My driveway is about 30'long,and about 15' wide,and I have a tractor with a snowblower,and a tractor with a blade. Can't be too safe these days.....

DanD
Here's mine that I paid $150 for including the front PTO for my 7016 last December. (the rest of the clutch is on the tractor) Didn't really need any work. Got ot through a want ad I placed here on the site.

MisterB
I got my 42" snoeblower from a clubmember as well and paid $250~ish with the clutch and the metal deflector (which I've since lost somehow and can't seem to find a replacement). My driveway isn't all that big either, but I wouldn't trade the blower for anything. I had walk behind at first and actually kept it around for a few years after I got the attachment for my tractor until I finally realized I was spending time and money to maintain equipment that wasn't being used. Once the walk behind was gone, I had room for my harley in the garage so I ended up saving money on storage. ;) Ken