Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Price

AC 416

Scott Price
Can anyone tell me if a 2 stage snow blower was manufactured for my tractor. I would also like to know about the "shutle shift" operation. The mn on my tractor indcates it should have one. There is some linkage, but I only have a 3 sp trans axl. Was it common to remove this option if it failed. Thanks Scott

wilm169
Scott in the shuttle trans there is no reverse gear, and yes a snow blower was mad for the 416 all the late 60s through 70s blowers will work BUT yes a big BUT the hitch is hard to find unless you find a blower from a 300 that mounts under the tractor and no hitch is needed. As far as the linkage goes I would need a pic or see it my self to tell you.

D-17_Dave
Most AC/Simplicity blowers are single stage. The tranny could have been replaced at some time with a cheaper 3 speed tranny. With the reverser on the shuttle the tranny had 4 speeds. If you have a 3 speed now it's been swapped sometime or it has been re decaled and they put the stickers on the side and it never was a shuttle. However I don't think they made a 416 3 speed. Most 16's were shuttles or hydro's.

SmilinSam
There was never a two stage blower made for those tractors, only single stagers. I dint think Simplicity ever made a two stage blower until they made one for the Sunstars

UCD
410 with standard 3 speed, 410S, 414S, & 416S with Shuttle clutch and 4 speed transmission and 416H with hydrostatic transmission were the models available. The 4 speed tramsmission used with the shuttle clutch did not have a reverse in it. The reverse gear was replaced with a 4th gear and reverse was achieved with the shuttle clutch. Simplicity did not make a tractor front mounted two stage blower untill the Sunstar series.

Scott Price
Thanks to all for your info. I just got the charging system fixed, added two new mower belts and a carb rebuild kit. going to take the old girl out to the cabin and see how she will do cuting the range feild. I did look closer at the trans axil it defently looks newer than the rest of the tractor. at some time the shutle clutch must have broken and been replaced with the 3 spd trans. To any one who needs info on KOHLER I have a CD with the service and parts break downs for single and twin cyl units. I am more than happy to share the info. Scott.