Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
UCD

Leaves, Leaves, Leaves.

UCD
I got the leaf vac just in time.

Ann Marie took thes pictures this morning. I have 6 trees on my property but I end up with most of the leaves on the street it is a dead end about ¼ mile long.

This is the parking lot of the Nursing home behind my house where Ann Marie works. My house is behind the white car and those trees.

FastPaul
Hey Maynard how good dose it work ? I,m still waiting on my piston The dealer ordered th wrong one .He said he was one number off and they sent him a 10Ths. over piston I got my hose today and the B-10 is already to go ,Hopfully tomorow I can find out how it works,

Bunky
It looks like it does a Great Job... Was the full screen in the back the way it was made?? The older unit I used when I was a Kid of my Grandpa's only had a small screen in the top I think...

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Compost 'em. In 3 months you will have black gold!! Woohoo! Composting is how I got into my tractor hobby to begin with. :D
I agree..I compost mine right back into the lawn by multching them up with my Snapper Pro748 with multch plug..I have about the same amount of leaves as in the pictures above..I run double blades (2 blades per spindle) and about 2-3 pass's and they are mostly gone..My grass sure looks better since I started doing that..

Isleblue65
"I agree..I compost mine right back into the lawn by multching them up with my Snapper Pro748 with multch plug" I made a mulch screen for my 7016 out of 1/4" square chicken wire screen and mulched all of my leaves into a fine powder. There were two huge piles, plus a bunch of loose stuff all around. We just moved in, and the neighbors said that the previous owners usually put 40 or 50 lawn and leaf bags out to the curb at Fall clean up. They couldn't believe all that went back into the lawn! I love this tractor!

Besides the whole rig looking excellent, nice looking cart. I know it will save you work. Avoid gravel! Unfortunately, my driveway gravel spills into my lawn and every so often I hit rocks. I damaged my vacuum and have bumps on one side, some careful rubber hammering will fix it.... still not happy with the result as it was an excellent condition vacuum. Will definitely be staying far from the driveway spill areas to avoid further damage.