Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

snowblower on an old broadmoor

simplicity707
I finally got the old 64 broadmoor that I bought from smilinsam up and running a few weeks ago. I have used it to mow and do leaves and surprisingly it does an ok job. I had bought a 32" snowblower at an auction a few years back but never had the chance to use it up until now. I was wondering what I need to do to prepare for this winter so I am not trying to fix things this winter. My real problem is that I don't have any weights to use. All i have is chains and the snowblower. A set of weight's for a broadmoor seem hard to come by these days. Do these snowblowers work alright? I know i will need weights, does anybody have anythey would like to sell? We have a huge driveway and this might be the first year that I don't have to shovel it! Also, is it alright to not use a heat shield for the muffler? Thanks, david

Simplicity314
Do you have the hitch?? If so that's 9/10 of the battle. My advice would be to rig a bar on the frame behind the seat and get ahold of some barbell weights and slide them on the bar for weight. Or, you can do a search on making homemade weights out of cement for the wheels. You can usually find barbell weights at tag sales or at salvation army or goodwill or places like that. Sometimes they can be found at the dump, but that's usually hit ot miss. The heat shield is usually necessary when blowing snow because of all the, well, snow blowing around. Oh, and it's smart getting ready now. I should take a lesson.

mowerman1193
Well I have never had to use the heat shield on the Broadmoor yet..never been a problem...Weights well...you might be ok on level ground or down hill...I have a steep upgrade to get from the garage to the drive way and I cant do it with out weights..Another thing I try to do is have a exta belt on hand..That way you don't have to make a trip to the store before you get cleaned out..

tec2484
On my broadmoor I filled the tires with washer fluid. I think I got about 4 gal in each tire. Thats a total of about 64 pounds extra weight plus I had a front weight for it that I bolted to the rear, I also have chains so I should be good.