Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

No more leaves !!

FastPaul

Got the new piston and rings put in today and threw the motor back in,She started rite up ,no smoke at all, Runs real strong :D We tried it out on the lower lawn area.I'll have to say, I'm quite impressed It cleaned up the leaves and cut 10 day old grass with power to spare,I still have a few bugs to work out but nothing major,I filled the cart 1 1/2 times it really packs it in there tight Sure beats raking ;)

Maynard, Michelle says tell him she's sitting here rite on her lap LOL
quote:
Originally posted by UCD
I think your crazy to have bought that. Where is the Cat?

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
I Think I gotta get me one of those someday...
Me too...Looks like it does a great job...

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
I Think I gotta get me one of those someday...
Me too...Looks like it does a great job...
i'd like to have one too. but don't need one the new house has pines. the old house had way to many trees, my pipes got a work out with the old rake!

[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/mccarronm04/VacuumeCart.jpg[/IMG] Here is a Brand Universal vacuum cartmade by swisher. They are at Northern Tool+Equipment. I was thinking of looking for one but the new ones are too much and the old ones are also too expencive.

Paul, what is your opinion of the metal deck adapter? Did you ever use the plastic one? I am looking for comparisons since I currently run with the plastic one and it works pretty good. The going rate for that metal adapter seems to be $100 to $125. I am not sure if it is worth that much and am seeking opinions from anyone who has used both. But agreed, that sure looks like a nice unit! Thanks in advance, Erik

That's doing a great job. I find that it sure is easier to get help with the leaves, when you can put the rake down and a seat under your butt.:D:D

Pretty impressive leave clean-up job Paul. Is that a 10 hp or 9hp? Sure you've stated before but I've missed a lot of posts in the past months.

Was a 9 till today,now she's a 10 More work than fun [:0]
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Pretty impressive leave clean-up job Paul. Is that a 10 hp or 9hp? Sure you've stated before but I've missed a lot of posts in the past months.

You have one nice looking B-10 & Lawncart.Your yard looks Great.Is that the same grass you had pictures of working it up & replanting last spring?

Paul, Here's a vac I was building and never finished. I find it easiest to just mulch them in place. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/JoeJ/SUPER_2_01.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/JoeJ/SUPER_1_02.jpg[/img] I'll try to get a pic of my uncles, we built that years ago and it's still going strong.;)

Got a question on that setup. Does it chop up the leaves or just vac them up and dump them in the bag? Best of luck...

I'm not quite sure ,But it sure dose pack them in there very tight I would say it chops them up some
quote:
Originally posted by Wishin2BMowin
Got a question on that setup. Does it chop up the leaves or just vac them up and dump them in the bag? Best of luck...

Rick, If you ment mine, I was going to run them through the mower. I had started out with the thought of mounting a seperate deck under it. But I think it would be better to put the engine and blower on back of the tractor, like Pauls. If you don't chop them first, it fills the cart pretty fast. If I don't sell it, I have some other ideas running through my head too.;)

Great looking set-up. I have the same type cart but it needs new canvas - yours looks to be new - did you make it/buy it? Where?

There still avalable from a simplicity dealer, But ther not cheep!!About 150 for the cart cover and 50 for the rear door,you could always make the door from screen
quote:
Originally posted by johnkuklish
Great looking set-up. I have the same type cart but it needs new canvas - yours looks to be new - did you make it/buy it? Where?