Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
FastPaul

Drive line vibration

ehertzfeld
A big hammer!!!!! I would check to see if the hole in the disc are oblong. if they are they mite not be true. Also see if the disc are bent or straight. If they are set up right, they should be pretty straight.

BLT
It's a pain, but take shaft off with discs on an then roll it on a flat surface. Shaft should roll true with no wobble on discs. If there is wobble, there is uh, oh, oh!! And shaft will always stop at same spot if slightly bent.

mowerman1193
I had this once and it ended up being a bad bearing in the bevel box...But if it was fine before the motor was taken out then your probably looking at the right area..Like other say...take it off and test it..

CleanBee
I have seen only one of the shafts bent, probably from a prior disk/bearing failure. When installing the shafts on others, I have noticed that they can be bolted together with quite a bit of run out from disk slop and inaccuracies of the shaft welding. I usually use a magnetic dial indicator to align them, using just the bolt/disk slop. If this is a rubber disk type, as the early B-10's had, I would check for any separation between the metal plates and the rubber. I have to think your problem is either with the motor or the input BGB bearing (as said). My money would lie with the motor. The B-10's did not have any syncro-balance systems and did vibrate some on their own; maybe more than your used to?