Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

getting ready for snow

shanhamm

the grass stopped growing, and i got bored. so nows a good time than any to get ready for the white stuff! are you ready yet?

READY????? I mite be by January:D Do the chains on the front wheels help? I thought about it, but didn't think there was enough room.

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
READY????? I mite be by January:D Do the chains on the front wheels help? I thought about it, but didn't think there was enough room.
they help but not a whole lot to spend the money on. i paid 35$ for the set at the jd dealer down the road. yes i said jd dealer. (not to proud of that) i wouldn't have spent the money on them if i would have known they didn't work as good as i was expecting. but scince i have them now i use them.

I am always ready..The snow blade stays on the Broadmoor 728 year round..I did take the chains and blower off the Wheel Horse though and took the blade off the other Wheel Horse..:):)

Got my 3212H 42 inch blower on and working great. Just have to put my rear chains on the wheels (real fun job!). Unless I get some time to fix my Vickers leak I will have to run without my snow cab this year as it's not so easy to top off the fluid with it on. Burrrrr!!! Best of luck with this Winter's snow.... Been watching the Squirrels working hard to gather food so it could be a bad Winter coming soon!!!

I took the deck of last weekend and am in fall clean-up mode with the trailer behind right now. The snowblower and plow sits ready for a few pins to be popped in when necessary. Don't know why I even mounted the deck. I did use it once to see how it would cut.

Not ready for that white stuff yet!Just got home from another weekend of camping and was planning to mow grass,but the rain changed that.

I'm not ready yet I still have my mower on my tractors, It only takes a minute to put on my blades and blower so I usually wait til it's needed the first time...

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
i put front chains on one of my old wheel horse's and it was like night & day. the wheel horse is light in the front and slide all over the place. the front chains solved the promblom.

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
I am always ready..The snow blade stays on the Broadmoor 728 year round..I did take the chains and blower off the Wheel Horse though and took the blade off the other Wheel Horse..:):)
hey mower man. what model are your horse's ????.

Well, I am ready now (Exept for the broken starter) I got that cab from shanon and I fixed it up kinda nice. I also got the bearings back on my blower! Just have to get the chains on my wheels.

My Allis Chalmers 919H tractor has the snowblower and cab on from last snow season.:D Thinking about taking the mower off my Simplicity 3416H and putting the snowblade on.;) Waiting for the leaves to fall and the wet lawn to dry from all the rain we been having over a month now.:( Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]