Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
FastPaul

B-10 Repower 10 Hp.

FastPaul
Well after running the B-10 a while I could tell she was tired,She was starting to smoke and wrap and the oil was leaking out of the front seal, so I draged a 3410 S in the shop,After a little tinkering I got it running, mo smoke and sounded tight ,Took about two hours to do the swap every thing went smooth except when I was bolting up the drive shaft I saw that the BGB front bearing was wiped out ,I'm thinking that mabey raking would be less work ,Any way can anyone tell me if thre BGB from the 3410 s will work in the B-10 thanks

ehertzfeld
Paul, Melanie's' puller is a 3410. Is has a variable from a 3310v in it. I swapped the trans and the BGB out of it for the puller. I then took the veri pulleys out and used regular pulleys. I know that the shafts are longer, and they mite be smaller diameter. I would gauge them to be sure. Other than that, they will bolt right up.