Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
The_Newbee

Deep in the bowels of the 64 Landlord restoration

The_Newbee
Well, the tractor is all apart now, and a couple of issues have arisen. The frame has been modified/repaired in several locations. Besides a whole cut through the frame and base weight with a fire wrench(I assume for a repower effort). The frame has been cut and re-welded, or broken and re-welded at the BGB. From reading other posts, it appears it is not uncommon for a break here. The problem, best I can figure, is that the frame is now 3/8 of an inch longer than it should be. I am looking for a best path, repair the issues or look for another frame? Of course, the grill assy has been cut to pieces as well. Glad I started with an easy one!

PeppyDan
If it were mine, I would get a different frame and grill. If you are going to Portland, Indiana this weekend or know of someone in your area going, I could bring a 300 series frame along if I have one. I could also bring a grill. I know I have a couple of 400 series frames but I'm not sure if they're different? Dan

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
If it were mine, I would get a different frame and grill. If you are going to Portland, Indiana this weekend or know of someone in your area going, I could bring a 300 series frame along if I have one. I could also bring a grill. I know I have a couple of 400 series frames but I'm not sure if they're different? Dan
Dan, he is talking about a 990314 Landlord..not a AC 314... Newbie, to keep from confusing others that don't follow all the post you might be better off to call it a 64 Landlord..Allis makes a 314 and not many things on it are the same as your tractor..I am not critisizing just trying to save confusion for others that have not followed your post...