Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Simpleton7016

Shipping tractor parts

Simpleton7016
Per your experience, what is the cheapest method to ship an oversized and irregular-shaped box full of parts. It is the parts from the Bolens snow cab I have referenced in the past. I am sending the leftover scraps (actually, 3/4 of a cab in excellent shape) to Elon....but I don't want it to cost a fortune. The parts are essentially unbreakable so I am not too worried about it breaking, but it probably weighs 70 pounds. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks in advance, Erik

GregB
I know Sam has switched to using DHL entirely. He reported lowest overall cost, partially due to supplied packaging materials. But that may be due to the kind of account he set up. Comments Sam? GregB PS I have received parcels though them with no problems.

I have had success with DHL, except I have a UPS in my town. I use to send dozer blades via UPS for $45-55 depending if they were a 42" or 46" blade and generally where they were going. The last 42" blade I sent out went UPS for appoximately $85; the buyer could not use DHL otherwise, I wanted to try DHL. Assuming $50 and $85, that's a 59% increase... ouch. Better than spending time driving or paying the gas.

We use DHL everyday. Great service, fair prices. I've shipped complete baggers for mowers, deck shells,etc. Most parts distributors I deal with now use DHL. I call in orders everyday at 2pm, and they get here by 10 am the next morning, from Ohio and New Jersey. South Carolina and Flordia take 2 days, but arrive around 9 or 10am. I've only had one problem in 2 yrs., they made it right and gave me a discount, which ment more profit for me.