Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 16hp briggs flywheel search

brianbye

I have a 1969 b-112 with a 16hp briggs. Recently the little plastic po* that connects the drive shaft to the flywheel bit it. The flywheel has a bolt broke off in it and some of the fan blades cracked. I went to the simplicity dealer and the flywheel is no longer made. I have done alot of work to this tractor and dont want to part it out because of this darn flywheel. If anyone has one or knows where to find one please help me!

try ebay. i know i saw a 14hp fywheel on there last night, can't swear it would work, but worth a shot! http://cgi.ebay.com/Gilson-MW-Gear-16-Tractor-Briggs-Stratton-Flywheel_W0QQitemZ7752300758QQihZ018QQcategoryZ82248QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem *edit: the 1st link was for a 16hp twin cylinder, this one is for a single cylinder*

I guess I misnamed the part im looking for. Its not the flywheel its a Briggs & Stratton Engine Booster Fan. Anyone have one of these laying around?

Try this. I am guessing that they should both be the same. http://cgi.ebay.com/Gilson-MW-Briggs-Stratton-14hp-Engine-Booster-Fan_W0QQitemZ190040735493QQihZ009QQcategoryZ82248QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem Well after some looking around in my Briggs parts book, it looks like at one time Simplicity and A-C just might have supplied their own boost fan. I did find one boost fan still available from Briggs and that is carrying a price of $103.00 But after looking at the picture of your tractor, I would take a flyer on the one at E-bay. Last thought would be, is to take out roughly the same amount of material all around the fan to keep everything in balance and then keep looking for one. Mowing season is just about wrapped up, so it gives you all winter to scout up something.