Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
D-17_Dave

Ready For The Snow

michigandon
That reminds me, I gotta get the chains and the plow back on my Power King. I just fabbed a new cutting edge for the blade at work the other night. We have a lot of old scrap blades from paper-cutting machines laying around, so that's what I used. I figure it will probably outlast the rest of the tractor by several decades easily. :) Was going to resotre the first 700 that I picked up over the winter, but the second one that I acquired is still in relatively nice shape, so if I can mange to build a good-running model 19 for it, I'm half tempted to just mount the snowblower on it and run it the way it is! Don

SmilinSam
Oh yes, I've got my two tractors donned with their snow equipment as well, but quite frankly this is the first year that I can remember that I could really care less whether or not it gets cold and snows. I must be getting old.

SmilinSam
Well I have one tractor ready to go except the chains that is. Like Sam so stated this is the first year I woundn't give two hoot's for snow although about 80 miles west of me they received 25" in 3 days so that's just about close enough for me. But then again it normally takes atleast 4-6" of the pretty white stuff to bring this body back to life. Hope all had a happy turkey day, >>->happyjack<-<<

arnoldir
I'm almost ready, just put 26x12x12 super lugs on my 6216 and spent the whole holiday pushing dirt around the yard and man does this thing grunt. No problems with the effect on gearing. Just have to pop down the beads and fill'em up with washer fluid. Got the Model V Walker ( Monty Wards Plow Trac) running fine and with it's snow blade and Calcium filled 6x12's it can almost keep up with the 6216 pushing soil. Also worked wonders for cutting the frozen soil crust using the garden plow. With these fine Simps in the flock, I doubt I'll be using my Troy Built snowblower unless we get another blizzard like 96 when the ridge at the end of the driveway was 4 feet deep. Love that White Gold, Let it Snow, have to pay off the toys somehow. Happy Holidays to all you fine folks, may all your toys start on the first try.

I just hooked up my snowblower for the first time to my B-112. I was surprised how easily it all went together. I've got the chains left to put on and it's ready for winter. I did have to put new battery cables on too. The thing didn't want the start the other day, checked and found the cables were all corroded. Hoping that's the only problem I have. Of course now that I have the tractor ready, there will be no snow to play in. I'm loving this old tractor more and more every day. I have an old Case 210 with a blown motor. I bought the B-112 as something to keep the lawn in shape until I found another motor for the Case. Problem is now that I have the AC, the Case just doesn't compare. Leo