Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rototiller

D-17_Dave

I just picked up a rototiller (mfg. # 1690039, I think). This unit is orange with black gear housing and has a large pulley with a spring loaded idler, as well as the pulley guard. It also has a small pto unit that attaches to the tractor somehow, with a wide idler pulley. I have two original units for my B-10 and B-110s that have larger pto units with actual levers The old style units also have a threaded sping loaded rod to tighten the drive belt - the new one does not. Does anyone know if this unit that I just acquired will fit my early B models? How about my 310 - will it fit that? I read the cross reference and it seems like it will fit, but the PTO is entirely different. What engages the tiller? Any info would be helpful. Thanks Colin

The set up you describe is for the AC 700/900 series with the cone clutch on the left of the bevel box. The idler asy with it is to get the belt safely out the rear without rubbing & get it headed properly to the tiller. With no clutchon the B series it would be hard to adapt. The 300/400 used the same tiller but with a lever controlled idle to tension the belt & act as a clutch. Bill