Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
D-17_Dave

Fence Post Pulling

D-17_Dave
Probably not new to some but I was tickled to be able to use the hydraulic lift on my Sovereign to pull steel T-bar fence posts in the garden. I normally just wiggled them out but with no rain and red clay they were like they were set in concrete. So, took the sleeve hitch post that fits in the rear hitch and a length of chain to wrap around the posts and pulled them with no problem. A hydraulic lift is nice! Roy

Sandy_Lake_Imp
Another trick is to use an old car or truck rim and a chain. Hook the chain against the ground on the post and drap chain over the rim that is setting on it's edge by the post. Hook the other end to the simple tractor. Put the tractor in first, pull forward, and you will be able to ease the post right out of the ground. If I had a picture, I would post it, but... DaleC dale.conrad@fuse.net

JeffNemes
Better watch out Roy - hydraulics may save the heart today but watch out that the lazy boy beer belly doesn't creep up on you later - unless you use the extra time you have now to have fun running around the yard with the kids or something else more invigorating! :)

BradW
Hey they all sound like great idea's to me "but" ahh the running part Jeff I just don't know about. My grandest kids chase me enough as it is. And what do ya do when a 7000# hi-lift jack bends and then shears the safty pin?? Get everyone out of the way and lite the darn fuse. Maybe next time I will just use my 4 wheel drive along with that there wheel and save the neighbors windows. Ahh just kidding reallly about the windows anyway! Ha Ha :} 80 to all >>->happyjack<-<< P.S. And Jeff I just wish something more invigorating would chase me around the yard "not".