Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ToddS

46" Dozer Blade Angle Adjusting Turn Handle Assemb

SmilinSam
I have A.C. Numbers- Old style hitch/ Rod#2026497/fork#2025312 New style Hitch/ Rod#1607472/fork#2025312 I used a rotator rod off a junk 3-belt snowblower for mine. Ill try to send you a picture from my parts book so you can see what it is. They would not be hard to fabricate.You will also need to make a rear support for the rod as well. ( a peice of flat steel that is bent at 90 degrees on one end and has a oblong hole in the other for the rod to slide through. The bent end bolts in, I believe, to the framework in one of the holes under the regulator.)

ToddS
I just picked up a 46" five angle position dozer blade for my 2110 tractor. It is missing the turn handle to adjust the angle of the blade. I can't locate the ID number on the blade but I am thinking it is a MFG No. 991009 or 990356. I am looking for any information regarding this handle so I can try to locate one or if necessary fabricate one. (i.e. pictures, sketches, part numbers, etc.) I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks, Todd

Datac
Todd, I have made a few of these over the years. Seems you never get one with a blade. I suggest you jump right in and build one. Heres what I always did. I would purchase a 1/2" drive swivel, the kind for a socket set. Get a cheap one. MOST tractors wont care if it is a snap-on! Cut or grind off the male square end and weld a short piece of steel tube across the freshly cut off face. This tube should then slip over the original pin that stuck up on the blade latch. Then get some 1/2" rod and grind one end to "square" so it slips into the female end of the swivel. Slide the rod in to the swivel and run a bead with the wire welder around it. Slide the blade end in place and direct things over the front wheel. Imagine a bracket location to mount the end nearest the drivers seat and build accordingly. You may have to check wheel clearance, putting a slight arch or bend in the rod. Finally, mark the handle end for "full in and full out" positioning and bend the end into a 90 degree handle. Order up a plastic slipon handle cover from McMaster-Carr and you are ready to quit getting on and off that tractor when you want to turn the blade ! Chris L