Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JCS

Hydraulic Lift for Big 10 Tractor

JCS
What is the going price for a Hydraulic lift for a Big 10 tractor? Is that the same as a B - 10? Is it the same for B - 110 and B - 112 ones? What should I be on the lookput for? Motor is junk but rest of tractor is there. I only want the lift parts.

I recently paid $75+shipping for a working system with side panel from a B-110 for use in a B-112. The hoses were iffy, so I replaced them at a cost of $60 (top of the line Aeroflex? hoses). I'm sure the system (minus side panel) will fit a B-10/B-12. The Big Ten is a year earlier, and I'm less sure that the system is the same--only because I don't own and have never seen a Big Ten. -Greg

Kent
The hydraulic lift is the same for the Big Ten and B-10's, as far as I know, but it is slightly different than that on the B-210, at least. I'm not sure what all the differences really are, nor exactly when they changed, but the service/parts manuals show two different systems.... Both my Big Ten and B-210 have hydraulics (that's why I bought them) and the hydraulic pumps are noticably different.

richp
Greg, were did you get the hoses from,(local, mail order?) I have a hose that's leaking and was going to go to simp. but would probably pay a lot more than $60.

JeffNemes
Rich, I bought the hoses locally at a hydraulic hose specialty shop. I didn't even consider the internet mainly because I wanted to be sure that the ends were formed similarly. They're hardened and cannot be bent without risking damage. I don't know if you've had your machine apart in the driveshaft tunnel, but it's tight in there on a B-112 and there's no extra room for the hoses. As it turned out, the hoses I bought were very close, but the slight difference was enough to make the installation a PITA. I'm still not sure I got one of the hose ends tight enough. I would recommend buying the factory parts for this reason. Greg