Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620 value

TerryM

I bought one recently for $1750 with a mower and it runs good, charges, so tractor net price I figure was $1250. Also has the three point and rear pto & wheel weights. I spent about another $100 on parts so far but it was in pretty good condtion when I bought it.

Anyone have an idea what an AC 620 witha bad charging system (flywheel or stator?) is worth? It is all original and in good condition.No 3 point or rear pto. 800 hours,good 60" deck. motor sounds good. asking 1650.00. Thanks.

I purchased a Simplicity 4041 (same as AC620 except Simplicity decals)last year with a bad rotor and bad stator. The engine had recently been rebuilt and the stator was apparently not properly fastened to the timing cover. The stator had come loose and destroyed the flywheel rotor,the stator itself and the timing cover. A new Onan flywheel with rotor magnets installed and balanced is a $790.00 part. Stator costs about $180 & new timing cover is about $145. Long story short, make sure the flywheel and rotor magnets are OK. I paid $400 for my 4041 and that probably was a good deal even considering the cost of parts to repair it. I am just now looking into other options for external alternator.