Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JimV

YES!!! we got snow!!!!

JimV
We finally got a little snow and I am having a ball with my 310 deluxe with snow plow .I also started my 710 to see if it would start in fowl weather and it did.The only thing that gave me trouble was my Toro snowblower has a frozen line,you have to love those Kholer engines. Jim V.

BenB
Jim, It seems a little unfair that you got to have snow in Rhode Island, when we had none in Maryland. We have some blades, blowers, and throwers down here that are just waiting to be turned loose. In the future if you should have any extra snow please send it our way. Ben

tsteahr
Ben, I will be more than happy to send you any snow that we might happen to get here in East Tennessee. Rain is much better. Not as slick, not as cold, and you don't have to shovel it. And, since I live on top of a steep hill I don't have to walk home unless it snows. Y'all Yankee enjoy the snow. Roy

Kent
Roy, Didn't you get any in Morristown when it hit the Smokies a few days back? You don't know what you're missing.... I've got between 2"-3" on the ground and waiting on it to quit before I deal with it. I mounted the snowblower instead of the blade, so I need a bit more for it to work well ... Kent

Kent
"Snow" ah I have been at my brother's house about 85 miles west of me and about 30 miles west of Grandrapids Mi. and last week alone we had 25" fall in less then 3 days and yesterday thru part of today we had another 9" fall of both wet and dry snow. I took my newly finished Homelite t-12 to see how it would compare with his JohneyDeere you know the green tractors. His new deere has 5 hp more then my Homeylite and I have been pushing more snow then he is able to as his just sets and spins either one or the other rear tire "no traction control diff". He is totally amazed how a 30 year old tractor can kick his deer's butt. Yes my homeylite out weights him well actually I do but the total weight is within 150lb. "But" now that I am home with only 2" on the ground that suits me just fine. The Grandrapids area is in a snow belt from Lake Michigan and they always get hit hard. But it was fun trying out my 1971 Homelite and not a problem with it at all in running it almost 15 hours of really hard plowing. Take care all, >>->happyjack<-<<

JeffNemes
Hey Jack - you would make a nice commercial! It is always nice to have some "real live" feedback. Next time can you mount a cell cam on the hood so we can all enjoy the show? :)

JeffK
Kent, We had enough snow to turn the ground white but not stick to the streets. They remained perfectly clear. I think Knoxville and some of the higher elevations had more snow. Clinch Mountain was beautiful while driving down 11E between Rutledge and Bean Station. Roy

JP
We received a 4"-6" 'sprinkle' in the beginning of last week. 'Big Red' (even though it's Simplicity Orange) as my wife calls it, got a brake in to be sure all was working. I put the cab, blade, weights and strobe on. Then plowed our road, and the two neighbors drives. No Worries! Let it SNOW! JP