Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Confused as always

tej

In the X-ref chart it shows that 1966 was the only year for the B10 and B12 ACs. The original engine on my B12 was made in 1967. Anyone care to explain. Tim

Hi Tim, what you have is a tractor that was left over from 1966 and finish being built in 1967 as Simplicity does not go by calender years like people would like to think. This way they can sell anything left over from one year to the next as a new tractor and not a new model. Its called using last years inventory in the next year. In 1967 they just finish useing up the 1966 models that were left over and put a 1967 engine on yours. That would explain the 1967 engine on your tractor. They go by model runs and not yearly runs. My landlords engine date is 1963 and the tractor date on the transmission housing is 1964 so figure that one out. They must of on mine at least had a engine left over from 1963 and put it on my 1964 model and this is why getting parts for these old tractors can be so difficult unless the dealer knows what he is doing. So would mine be a 1963 or a 1964? I don't know as its either a 308 or a 314 or something in between...my tractor even was built with parts from a 725 like the steering gear box and front spindels. It can be a mess getting parts for it. I sure hope I did not pass my confusion your way. And I sure hope I made some sence. "Tim have a great week end" Jackl