Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

V Belt for 2110 with 42" Snoblower

Anyone have info on the replacement belt for this unit? This is a single stage stock simplicity with a single belt running of the front PTO. We had the maiden voyage this week with 3" of snow and it threw the belt off the pulley. After looking at it it's more round than v shaped, it's probably original equipment!

Take the belt to any farm supply or small equipment dealer. They should be able to measure around the OUTSIDE of the belt and come up with a suitable replacement. v-belts do not stretch but they do wear on the v sides. There are lots of good industrial and fractional horsepower blets that will work. Original is best but after market is good also. Stay with name brands like Goodyear, Gates, Dayton, etc. Happy Snow removal! DaleC. E-mail is dale.conrad@fuse.net

Hi Nick, Really the easyest way that I have found is to pull the blower hitch and all as one unit and replace the belt because unless you can get the front of the tractor and blower high enough you can't see whether or not the belt is on the front blower pulley itself is properly installed. I have done it both ways but its not that hard to just pull the whole unit off in my opinion to make sure it the belt is installed properly. The Simplicity belt for model #345 blower which is the 36" one takes belt Simplicity #106769 and is the one that I would use as it is a special belt that is designed to run in not just a straight line but to run twisted like the blower belt has to do. I have tried other blands for less money but they have not held up as well. This is just my opinion as far as belts go and it has been discussed many times on this forum that Simplicity bland belts do last longer and work better just ask Tim Johnson who has had a drive belt last somewhere around 26 years now. Best of Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<

Nick, If I am not mistaken both the 36" and the 42" snowblowers are the same and I purchase a new belt at the Tractor Supply Store Part # 4460969 Belt 1/2x56 in. at a cost of 9.97 tax included. Jeff

Is it necessary to remove the snowblower apparatus in order to replace the belt? Or can I replace the belt without removing the snowblower. Thanks for your advice.