Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blower belt rolling over on A-C Big Ten

TomF

It seems the belt keeps rolling over "inside out" on our one-belt A-C Big Ten (B-10) snowblower. It appears to happen when we turn it off, then on again. Is the likely cause a belt that is too large? Thanks....we've got 12" of snow bearing down on us today in West Michigan and we need to have this resolved! Tom and Peter Feldpausch

We're anxiously waiting for the snow that's hitting you to hit us next! I'm hoping all your sheaves are in great shape, that's usually the most obvious. Sorry hafta ask the usual questions; OEM belt? How old? What shape is the belt in? And the worst one, is it the correct belt called for. In my experience, one of those criterion is off. Simplicity belts are not cheap, they do last! For me, Gates seems to be next best. JP

Hi Tom, I agree with JP and I second everything he suggested. I normally start the season off with a new Simplicity belt as I have found that they seem to have a memorey in them after not being used for a season meaning they don't want to flex like a new belt. Also make sure you ajust the idler spring tension for the engagement write if not this could also be why your belt rolls over. Another reason is the belt guide on the large blower pullery might not be adjusted properly. Do you have a manual?? If not post on here and let me know and I will send you the page "ok". Maybe someone else can suggest more then Jp and I did. Take care, >>->happyjack<-<< P.S. I live about 45 miles north of Detroit and we are expecting about 12-14" of the white stuff and 35 mile per hour winds with chill factor near 10 below zero--ah I think its about time to play somemore. Now if I can just figure out a way to mount that cam corder on the hood like Jeff suggested I would be all set. Ha ha.

The belt is not OEM. It's a "True Blue" belt (not sure what brand) that's Kevlar reinforced. It may be as old as two years, but shouldn't have a lot of miles on it yet. I think this belt ran fine last year. We don't have a manual for the blower. Not sure if there's any info on it in our B-series service manual, as I am at work. Jack, if you could send me the procedure, that would be GREAT! Also, if anyone has the specs on what the proper belt for this unit should be, that would be great, too! Thanks to this great "club" for all of your help...Tom