Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tomorrow's Headlines ???

Kent

Gore Calls For Recount Of Supreme Court Vote WASHINGTON, DC-- An increasingly desperate Al Gore called for a recount Tuesday of the U.S. Supreme Court's 9-0 decision in Bush v. Palm Beach County Canvassing Board. "There is reason to suspect that these nine votes were not properly counted and that as many as five justices who sided with Mr. Bush did not intend to do so," Gore said. "It is therefore in the best interest of our democracy for the U.S. Supreme Court to suspend judgment in this case until we can be absolutely certain that this court did, in fact, intend to rule in Mr. Bush's favor." Gore added that if his recount request is denied, he will file an appeal with the Interplanetary Supreme Court. ----------------------------------------------------- Sorry to bring politics here, but I'm getting so tired of this dragging on ... We're giving the world a lesson in how a democracy works![A href='http://www.theonion.com/']http://www.theonion.com/[/a]

Wasn't really making my comments about who's doing what -- but instead, commenting more about how our whole system of selecting a president is working (or not working). Canada can perform a manual recount of the entire country in a matter of hours, though it's a smaller country, of course. Here it is 5 weeks after the election, and we still have lawyers fighting it out in front of courts and everyone blaming everyone else for being a partisan ... while the media is having a heyday. The only positive thing I can say about this system so far, is that no violence has been involved ... I'm to the point of rejecting both candidates and trying to find one that can clearly win enough people's vote to place the outcome beyond question ... I certainly hope I didn't offend anyone, regardless of their political leanings ...

Kent, You certainly didn't afend me any and I don't think anyone else took it in a negitive way either. Its getting alittle boring and all but just think its history in the making while all or most other countries laugh at us. We can put a man on the moon but can't even figure out who is really the president to be. I for one would like to see another complete election run in the Sunshine state just so hopefully it would clean this mess up once and for all. Infact I kinda think a little humor is in order once in awhile. And one things forsure everyone's got one "opinion" that is if we all agreed on everything just think how boring we all really would be. Cheers to all, >>->happyjack<-<< P.S. The views, topics, and opinions are mine and are not meant to afend anyone or anything. :>)

While I tend to lean a bit liberal, I too find humor in the whole process. I live and work near and in the liberal city of Madison, WI, home of the "Onion", and despite the political mix here, everyone feels that the process is screwed up. Anyway, see my next post if you know anything about Sunstrand Transmissions.

Personally the speaker of the house (Dennis Hastert) is from my hometown, and I forget how it could happen but he could become president too! I prefer him, he isn't stupid, and he isn't a sore loser! Cheers to him. (my legal disclaimer is it's my opion not to offend others) O well, keep em' runnin' -BradW

And another thing, How about Kent Thomas for president? A Simplicity/AC Tractor in every home? We'd have a true leader!

The greatest injustice of this election mess was the Gore campaigns' thrust to throw out the absentee military vote. Particularly after they made the statement that every vote should be counted. This is especially grievous in light of the recent USS Cole tragedy, which killed 17 of our brave service men and wounded many more. And now the Gore campaign states that their votes should be thrown out! The FIRST votes that should be counted are those of our brave servicemen and women who choose to risk their lives for our country. You should also be aware our our current presidents' plan to remove polling places from military installations. Grievous indeed! We should all salute our brave military personnel, including Air Force Reserve Lt. Col. Kent Thomas, and let them know that there are at least some Americans out there who appreciate them.

Well, it's over. I guess almost everyone was getting tired of it dragging on. But, more importantly, I doubt if any of us were frightened. We took it for granted that it would eventually end in a peaceful transition of power. The rest of the world just doesn't get it. God has blessed America.