Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Corrections and snow thrower info wanted

I want to thank you all for a great site, it's been very helpful. I have an old 725 and a Homelite T-8. I went to the manuals file and found the number for Simplicity Publications Dept. The area code has changed from (414) to (262). I talked to Sylvia, who returned my call , in a very timely manner. She was very helpful and knowledgable. The manuals are relatively cheap. I had all the numbers for her as well as Simplicity numbers from the Homelite cross reference chart and all correlated except Homelite Snowthrower model 1690145. The data placard on my thrower states 1600145. I figured that 16901245 was a typo on your part, but found that Sylvia had same info. We came to the conclusion that 1690 was wrong as there is a 1600 series of accessories for my machine and that Simplicity had made that typo at some time in the past. Now, what I really need to know is has anyone out there modified a snow thrower with a secondary blower. I'm sure I could work something up eventually, but would appreciate any help. Thanks. Dave Norris

Dave, I'm not really surprised that my error and Simplicity's error are the same, since the X-Reference is based upon their document that they provided me... I certainly make mistakes in scanning, converting and posting the information I start with, but if there's an error in the starting point, it would almost always end up in the information on the site.... Whew! With all that said, can you help me understand EXACTLY what I need to change to what... Am I to understand that I should change 16901245 in the X-Reference table to 1691245 ???? Kent

Apparently the Homelite 32" thrower in the cross-ref should be listed as "1600145" or "also 1600145" as the rest of the series in the parts list matches the 160xxxx prefix and Dave's ID plate verifies. This brings into question all the other 169xxxx prefixes under the Homelite cross-ref but there are an awlful lot of them. I would leave them as is unless verified differently and just add the 1600145 with the 1690145 under Homelite 32" thrower so at least a search will still point it in the right direction. Also AC used the 160xxxx and 169xxxx prefix so unfortunately the prefixes not exclusive to any particular brand. Eventually I think Simplicty plans to have the older parts illustrated on-line so this should help when it happens.

Thanks, Jeff. I updated my local copy as you suggested, simply adding 1690045 with question marks, and will publish it with the next update...