Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstrand Series 15 Hydrostatic

powermax_paul

One of my 9020's is loosing hydrostatic power in both forward and reverse once the fluid gets warm. It first started acting up with the neutral position drifting with the control lever position. The transmission was just rebuilt a couple of years ago and I was very carefull to keep things clean while reinstalling it. Fluid level is OK, and I just replaced the filter. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks for reply Bill. I checked free play & had 1-1.5" at pedal as spec'd. Removed hydro unit this morning, and trunion shaft/swash plate roll pin is sheared. The trunion shaft falls out of the unit! I am now pulling the hydro unit out of my 4041 parts tractor and will install in the 9020. It's been snowing a lot lately and I have to plow. Any ideas on how the pin could have sheared? Any further suggestions? Thanks again, Paul Update: Hydro units were a bi--h to swap but I got the spare one in and got the snow plowed. All is fine now but I wanted to get the 4041 running too, so I'll have to repair the other hydro unit too.