Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

PTO reduction???

I have a 620 that I would like to use other pto driven implements on.Was there a reduction setup made for these tractors??

powermax_paul
There are no reduction setups that I know of. I think your best bet would be to change the implement to take a 2000 PTO. Many of these implements (like tillers & chipper shredders) have a large pulley and a belt at the machine end of the PTO shaft. You can change the belt and pulley on the machine to change the speed. You may have to steal a compatible PTO shaft from another implement, however, that'll take that kind of speed. The Powerking UT-620 tractors have the same setup. I have a Powerking tiller on my Simplicity 9020 and it works great. You may want to check with them to find the attachments you need. Another option would be to drive the machine hydraulically. You can buy a hydraulic clutch pump from Northern, and most hydraulic gear pumps can also be used as motors. You need a hydraulic pump, a hydraulic motor, two hoses, and a reservoir for the oil to cool in before it is taken up by the pump again. John Deere uses this method on a lot of its bigger L & G tractor attachments.