Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
richp

snowfall

richp
Would it be at all possible if you fine people from the midwest could spare a couple of inches of snow for us southern NewEnglanders. Here in central CT. I got a season high of about two inches(I can use my leafblower) and a lot of freezing rain or just rain.Every time they say snow it rains,might as well move to Florida. O well, happy holidays to all.

RichR
Well its snowing again. my tractor is down ( 10 hp Landlord, see discussion down the list. I could not have done the 14 inches of snow with the blade. But I can handle this 3-4 inches easily. Hey you had a lot of snow the last couple of season, I geuss its our turn. THursday starts winter, then the fun really begins. Good luck Rich

Stush
Agree Kent; I too am in CT ( western ) and second Rich's appeal for some 'action' Running out of excuses to tell the wife on why I need to start tractor each weekend and drive around the neighborhood. I've heard predictions from 3-5, 6-8, rain mix, go figure. Schools actually closed early today, yet it is 7:50pm and not a flake in the sky. I remember when the snow was 3 feet deep and I had to walk to school up hill, both ways !

Hey! how would you guys like it if I could send some snow from west MI. We have about 20inches on the ground and it keeps on coming. The total snowfall for the season is at 58inches ( more than we had all of last year ). I will send all you want if you pay shipping. Merry Christmas Scooby

Kent
.. I'm hearing 3-8" tonight up here and 3-5" down where you are. The scary part, according to the patterns on the Weather channel this morning is that we're not that far from a band that could get 12" - 18" ... It could go West and North of us, getting Dave Christensen and then up to visit Tuffy .... That's what Tuffy gets for owning so many nice 720s and such... :-)

richp
WOW, I got a whopping 2" of snow and snow drifts up to 2 1/4". break out the broom again. Scooby, that sounds like a real bargain, i'll probally need a refridgerated truck for that haul.

I would send you some Wi snow but am having too much fun blowing the stuff around myself with my 720. Had about 4 inches on Tue and it's snowing right now. Cann't wait till morning to get the old 720 out and move some snow. Did you ever think about buying some of the biodegradable shipping peanuts to strew around you driveways and sidewalks so you'd have something to blow with your snowblowers. Heck you could even reuse them. Just a thought. dan

Smokey
Well I'll let you all have some of mine. I just heard about an hour ago here in Milwaukee we've had 32" this December. A new record and we are suppose to get 6 more tonight. In fact it is snowing now. My 717 is getting a workout but it's running great even though the snow banks are almost higher than the tractor....LOL KS