Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheel Weights

Muligan

I am in need of some rear or front wheel weights. Anyone have some for sale in Oregon or Washington? Also need Suitcase style weights for a weight bracket. 50 lbs. + would do the trick. I'm building a puller and need weights.

Hi Don, I realize you said in your message someone in Oregon or Wash. There is a real nice member named Larry Comer who is not only one of our sponcers but he also is into tractor pulling himself along with his son. He even owns his own weight sled that he takes to the tractor pulls. But he lives in Casey, Illinois. But just maybe he might know of someone closer to you that could help you out. Just in case he does not see your message here's his e-mail add.- kc9nx@eiis.net- Larry also has his own tractor pulling site. Just click on back to simpletractors at the top of this page and upon reaching simpletractors home page click on links and just follow down that page untill you see his site Central Illinois Tractor Pullers by Larry Comer. By the way Larry is also our club Treasure. I hope this helps and good luck-Jackl

Don, you probably do not want to use wheel weights on a pulling tractor. The extra mass in the wheels will make it harder to get moving. Also depending on the track, you may not want all of your weight in the back. If this is for an AC B, 700, 900 or Sim 3000 or 7000 series tractors you will be suprised at the weight of these tractors. My 3314V pulling tractor with all aluminum wheels and stripped to the bone weights 670 lbs. !! So many smaller weights (10 lbs) work better.

Have fun. MS