Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ToddS

Carry-All Box from 1964 Landlord More Attachments

ToddS
I was just browsing this site like I do everyday/night and ran across this Carry-All Box and thought it would make nice project. Does anyone have one or any other pictures of it. I would appreciate any information anyone might have. Thanks, Todd Sweeney CARRY-ALL BOX (Mfg. No. 274) Does just what its name implies. Easily carries 350 lbs., yet attaches to the Landlord with only three pins. Removable tail gate for loading ease. Heavy 16 gauge steel box and heavily reinforced supporting structure shrug off heavy, constant use. Only 10" × 20" x 40", it stores in a small space.

ka9bxg
My Dad made 1 out of wood and some scrap steel 20 years ago hooked it to the 2 pivot places on the bottom and ran a piece of flat stock formed in a upside down U shape and ran a piece of 1 inch round stock with hook in the lift. We used it for many years worked good for picking up debree in the yard. He bulit lots of interesting things center grader,old 1 row horse drawn corn planter onto tractor with lift(heavy)hard to lift. plow off a bolens walkbehind and bulldozer.Those tractors were tough wonderboy 700 and 3212

Smokey
Ya know Todd, I have been thinking of fabricating an attachment for my tractor much like the one you're talking of. Recently I've been using the grass catcher platform (base) as a "carry all" to tote firewood up to the house. The attachment I want to make will be as wide as my tractor, tines much like a forklift so one can utilize a pallett if need be, the tines would be tapped front and back so a solid box could be bolted on. It would be nice if one could "shade tree" a lifting mechanism into it's hitch (I don't have a category O 3-point lift) Just my thought. Smokey

Smokey
Does anyone know of a 3-point hitch adapter for a Simplicity 7016? Like Robert said..there are alot of interesting things one can fabricate for these workhorses. Every time I jump on my tractor, I daydream of all the "toys" I could build for it. The only thing that discourages me is all of the moving parts that have to work together in order to "lift" what you have behind you. A 3-point hitch would solve all of this. Smokey