Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

BIG Mistake

Al
Dutch, Regardless of what the rest of the world thought we all KNEW that it is #1 and has been all along. It just takes a little longer to educate the rest of the world. Furthermore we GOT THE GREATEST JANITOR IN THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!!!!! Al

Al
Dutch, Regardless of what the rest of the world thought we all KNEW that it is #1 and has been all along. It just takes a little longer to educate the rest of the world. Furthermore we GOT THE GREATEST JANITOR IN THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!!!!! Al

Kent
Thanks, guys, I think we're doing fine . . . The site really was rated #2 -- then someone hacked into the Yesterday's Tractor's Tractor Links site (NOT Simple trACtors) and messed up some stuff, including the counters. GrandDad's AC Rest Home (I think that's its name) was first in both number of votes and the rating -- and had been for over a year.... A club member identified the "hacking" to me and I passed it on, including his record of the last "known tally" ... The Tractor Links folks cleaned up the mess and reset the counters as you see now. I don't know if or when they're going to reset the others . . . or even if they have the information to do so. As far as financial health, the site is covering the expenses with advertising, so far. Since I cost nothing (and am probably worth even less ) it doesn't take a lot of cash flow to do that... What can you do? Just please send some of your business to the advertisers, so they continue to renew the ads when that time rolls around. They've been great to this point, and they make all this possible. Also, keep on contibuting your time, knowledge and experiences and we'll all continue to learn from each other . . . Happy New Millenium! Kent

christopher
Kent: Check your front page! You state, "[Simple trACtors] is the #2 rated non-commercial tractor site on the entire Internet......... " THAT IS WRONG! Click the link and check it out! Simple trACtors is far and away #1. This also prompts another thought. Since the bottom has fallen out of the dot.com market, many sites are considering closing down or charging a subscription fee to users. Simple trACtors is one of the very few sites I would be willing to pay a fee to use. But, I think if any site starts charging a fee, hits will drop way off. Is there anything we members can do to keep Simple trACtors #1? I know I always try and patronize our advertisers. However, there are other suppliers I buy from regularly that are linked from Simple trACtors but do not advertize. Can we email those suppliers and let them know where we heard of them, and let them know where they should consider spending their reduced advertizing budgets? A friend who is quite knowledgeable with the workings of the Internet, has tried to explain to me how cookies, and 3rd party cookies, are used to track usage. I'm sure there are members who have such knowledge. Is there anything we could do to help you in that regard to boost revenue? I believe the days of the Internet, as we know it, are numbered. I don't know in what direction it will go, but the "powers" realize the potential revenue is not being harvested. All we can do is enjoy the "free ride" while it lasts, and hang in there until the dust settles.

JCS
Hey I couldn't figure out the count on Yesterdays tractors as also everyday I go to their site and vote for you know who's site and I had just been there a couple of days ago to check the count. Well to say the least I was so happyjack when I saw the bogus count not knowing that it was to good to be true. This site of Kent's has been at least in my book #1 every sense Kent made it and we all know what tractors are #1 also. We are so luckey to have all the #1 members that we have and also the sponcers are #1 so in that case we all are winners. I plan on donateing $100,000 to our club over the next year just to help everyone recoup the repairs on our fine tractors and to help the club out. Hey I bet that got some of you's attention Ha Ha but if I could you know that I would just like everyone else would. Happy New Year from, :) >>->happyjack<-<<