Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Easy Seal removeal

MPH

Seeing how this was brought up a few days back thought I'd take some pictures doing it tonight. Think I was too close as some a bit fuzzy. sorry, but think the method shows.

It helps if you prethink where you put the screw, I was bumpping the brake band, but it still worked.

Once the seal is outta the hole just get behind it with a screwdriver

On the drill tip is the screw I use, I like the little black "framers" for doing metal studs, good lumberyard should carry them. Not much wonder the seal leaked, hard as a rock and worn 060 bigger then the new one, the lip is gone.

Looks like you about got it whipped.with the seal out you should be able to ck the movement a little closer. You would think the bearings and bushing would hold up better then that,after all it only been wearing about 40 year or so.^:D
[img]/club2/attach/Willy/Watching.jpg[/img]

quote:
where is the best source to find these seals? ESPECIALLY FOR AN OLD MODEL LIKE THE 70OO or 725
Your nearest Simplicity dealer or from one of our site sponsors that carry Simplicity parts.

Took Sandy Lake 4 or 5 days to get 'em from Pa to Tok Ak. :)^ Yea, good point Willy, with a spark plug gauge I figured I have about .032 wear. Man, that's pushing .001/year:D:D

Marty, I see you decided to "give it a shot" and put in new seals. Let us know if they work OK or decide to fail soon.