Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 and grease fittings

msasso

I am restoring my 725 and upon taking it apart, it has become apparent that several points on the tractor would do well to have grease fittings . Such as the clutch pedal and the lift assembly. Has anyone else added these and are there other points on the tractor I should add them? Thanks

The clutch pedal would be a great place to add one. Beginning in mid 1968 they began adding these at the factory. I have 2 B110's, the older one does not have it but the newer one does. I had not thought about adding grease fitting to the lift, I suppose on the last few tractors I've had apart the bearings didn't wear enough over 40 years for me to worry about doing it to a show tractor, but on something you will try to get another 40 years work out of, then it might be a good place to add one.

When I rebushed the front end on the B-112 I added zerks to the axle pivot and the pivot block. Only been a year so no claims made.

You could add them, but to me the clutch and lift lever are always being used, so the chances of them rusting up solid are minimal.