Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dan762

720/9020

dan762
Hello, pretty new to the club, and I am getting ready to buy an allis 720, and a Simplicity 90/20. (package deal) is there anything that I should know about them, that is not common with other tractor, Such as common things that your all know that I wouldn't know. Also, I have heard they are the "same" Tractor, but is there any difference at all, either good or bad. Thanks for your help

RedbarnRick
Hi, Welcome to the club! You are about to buy two of the best tractors Simplicity made, I think they are very similar but there are experts here that will chime in. Good luck and get some pictures posted.

D-17_Dave
There are a few cosmetic differences between the 2 tractors, mainly the upper dash and hood. The 720's were the late model version of the AC line of powermax sized tractors. The 9020's have an early and late model. The later model being the same as the 720 cept for the hood and dash as mentioned earlier. There are several differences between the early and late versions like a heavier front spindle assembly on the front axle and some safety switches located differently. But they are basically the same tractor otherwise. You can do a site search on powermax or 720/9020 and should find lots of reading. Welcome to the club. We look forward to seeing what you bring home.

TerryZ
Hello: Glad to see another Pow'rmax fan join the club! Both of these tractors are real work-horses, you will like them. There is a great deal of info on these tractors already posted in the discussions and the archives, please search though them. Chances are some of the issue you may encounter have already been covered. If not there are some real Pow'rmax and AC pros in the club who are happy to assist. Also the Technical Publications link on the main page will take you straight to the Simplicity site so you can download the pertinent operator, parts, and possibly even the repair manuals. Welcome to the club!

dana4041
hello. you will really like these tractors! i have one of the older 4041's and it is a fun machine! it is a brute! there may be some cometic differences that are minor, but the 20 hp machines share many of the same parts. enjoy the machines! good luck, dana

eagle5473
Welcome to the club, The biggest thing I have found is to make sure the timming of the points is dead on with the onan engines or you will have fits trying to make things go......They are truly the best tractors of their day and maybe a little longer

oldstuff619
welcome to the club lots of info on power-max in the back posts I have a 9020 I like it better than my brother in-laws JD keep the old onan's running