Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 Restoration ( Seat and tires)

FastPaul

I started taking the 725 apart tonight, Got about 1/2 apart, this ones going to come out perfect and put back to original as I can make it. It might a little longer but it will be well worth it. I have all my ducks in a row except the 12X 6 rear rims and tires, hoping to find some local .

Finally got her all apart,Brought all the parts over to work and gave them a good preasure washing ,When I took the side plate bolts out of thre tranny oil started coming out, Someone had filled the rearend right to the top of the vent plug :O Hopfully I can keep my ambition going to get this one done

Got a good part of it painted the last few nights.Hope to have her some what put back together by the weekend

This is what I have left to paint !

Got her all painted!! Just have to put her back together now :D

Got some time in this morning.Have to take a break for a while and give my wife sime time too LOL .I ll be back at it later tonight.It's going together nice. I'm cheating a bit I got the B-1 in the shop coulden't get a better manual, Oh, so thats how that goes!!

Well put in as much time as I can for this weekend. I'm getting close to the end of this one .Still waiting on decals and debating on what to do about front tires?? I'm thinking about some tri ribs and dual 6x12 ags on the rear and set it up with a restored sickle bar! any suggestion??

The seat and tri-ribs showed up today Still waiting on a set of ags for the duals that are going on the back.Should make some more progress this weekend

Yes, Both of them :D
quote:
Originally posted by tracktor312

[img]/club34/attach/tracktor312/club2_logo.gif[/img]
is this your tractor

Nice start Paul cant wait to see it when its done. Are you actually gonna break everything apart, check everything out and actually get greasy on this one? ? Because im really getting jealous at how well kept your finds are, as im dealing with the beat up abused specimens! ngr28Csm02 Your the man Paul. -Ryan-

Dang Paul, sure don't seem to be any shortage of tractors around you, but guess that's good because you sure do them justice. KOKO

Ready Set GO!! Looks like you are missing the points cover plate. There was a post about this.

• 2 weeks later...
You said "It might take a little longer" so I guess that means we'll have to wait till next week to see the final product:D Really, I just wish I had half your abilities with these old tractors.

Paul, what kind of paint do you use? rattle cans or spray gun? I started repainting my 3212 with allis chalmers oragne from TSC (rattle cans). This paint kinda sucks. Its oil based, and can be scratched off even after drying. The seel the exact same paint in cans for spray gun application and offer hardener for it to. I don't have a compresor of spray gun so I am limited. I need paint that will get strong without spending a ton of money.

Paul, Your tractor looks like it is coming along Great. Wish i had the money to buy a tractor for my boy & i to restore.Cant wait to see your finished tractor.

Paul, Lovely as usual. Do you do this for a living? You do too many tractor too fast for it to be just a hobby. :o)

Looks great Paul. How did you clean the front grill ? Mine needs cleaning and not sure how to do it. Thnx Herm

quote:
Originally posted by Ketchamized
Paul, Lovely as usual. Do you do this for a living? You do too many tractor too fast for it to be just a hobby. :o)
I wish ,If I could do this for a living and put food on the table I would But for now I'll keep working my 50 hr a week job :O

Paul, As posted by you:
quote:
I wish ,If I could do this for a living and put food on the table I would But for now I'll keep working my 50 hr a week job
Wow, that's really admirable that you are able to find the time & energy to play with a 50 hour a week schedule, AND do a quality job at that one too. You've got my respect & admiration! 8D