Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

717 with 16hp engine

MarksA-C

I have a good condition 717 from Ksever and a good frame and extra hood from Simpletom. Plus, I have that 16hp Briggs that I want to fix up and find a use for. Today It finally hit me though... [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Marksac/DSCF0324.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Marksac/DSCF0323.jpg[/IMG] To make it fit, I would have to extend the front (luckily Past the axle) 3-5 inches to be able to fit the hood back on. I would also have to moddify the front PTO engage a bit to be able to get past the engine cylinder. What do you guys think?:Q

Mark, it looks like if you lose that muffler, you'll gain a few inches, no? I know when I put a 12hp in my old 707, I had to leave out the small flat bar that goes across the grill supports. Looks like a cool project. BTW I have had that in mined for my duel axle Broadmoor project that I started a few years ago. Keep up the good work.:D

Mark- when you come to my house this weekend to get the hood, you can look at my 515 Serf that I put a 12.5 hp Briggs into. This Serf is way too small for this engine, but I bought a Murray tractor that the front end just fell apart on the guy, that happened to have a very new 12.5hp Briggs in it for $100. I'll never need the hood anyways, so I figure it's going to a good home, plus it's in my way. I thought about selling the Serf, but nobody seems to be interested in it. I am 6'3" and I look (I'm told) really silly cutting the yard with the miniature Serf. I must say It does not take up much room in my shed. Thanks Todd Martin

Will Do ToddM. And I was planning stacks all along. 8D but now a new question...puller or work tractor? Or Both?

• 1 month later...