Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bill_H

3410 to 3416

Bill_H
Hello all, I just bought a 3410 that has had the engine and hood replaced by a 3416. Are the hoods the same, can I just replace the decals and nobody notice? I got a bunch of attachments with it, rototiller, blade, lawn-vac and a mighty-mac chipper, and a 738 mower. Anyone ever tried the mighty-mac that could give me some advice on it or anything else on these? I haven't got any pictures of them yet, will post them later when I get some. Bill

Ronald Hribar
I belive the only difference between the two tractors is the motor and the decals. So if you have a 16 hp where a 10 used to be , it is now a 3416

gregc
Welcome Bill! The hoods are the same. Lights were an option on the 10 hp and standard on the 16 hp. The 10 hp also had 4.8 x 8 front and 8.5 x 12 rear tires while the 16 hp had 6.5 x 8 front and 10.5 x 12 rears. I'm sorry, but only full members are allowed to post pictures or links to them.

Roy
Welcome Bill, Just send me that mighty-mac chipper and you won't have to worry about making it work. ;) $10 to join the club is well worth it for access to loads of Simplicity information.

Bill_H
Thank for the response. Sorry Roy, I think I might just have to loose some sleep over trying to figure out the chipper. I kind of figured that I could just call it a 3416 now, but for re-store purpose, the decal says 4316 H. I'll have to check the tire size. I said it wrong about the pictures, I ment when I get some I will put them up on my web site with my other tractors. Bil