Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Riddle me this

ehertzfeld

17 viewers and no guesses? :O And I thought this was going to be easy! Oh and yes I made it.8D

quote:
Originally posted by shanhamm
That kinda looks like a gate lock!
Boy are you way off!:D

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by shanhamm
That kinda looks like a gate lock!
Boy are you way off!:D
That kinda happens when you have not slept in a week!!!:D

You got it Rod!:D I had to get somthing a bit thinner for the cylinder that I'm using for the 3012 hydro conversion. It's a piece of 1/2 plate, cut in the shape of the real mount. Then two pieces of flat bar welded together. I hope to get a picture of it in the tractor over the weekend.

Well after a bit of grinding and filing, I got the mount and cylinder done. I have about 6 or 7 inches of travel at the clevis. I believe that will be enough. I'll get it on tomarow, after a trek south to pick up a B112 with out a engine. I'm also working on another hydro trans that will go into the B112:D I'll post pictures of the B112 and the mount and cylinder in the 3012 tomorrow.

Elon, the normal hydrolift cylinders only have 4 inches of travel. I think you have enough on yours.

I was going to say a left handed smoke shifter, or a sea chest, but someone already guessed right. JH

I was going to say it was a table saw with a piece of unknown iron on it and a sawdust covered tool box just below it. But, I have been known to be a wise arse!}:):D

Nice guy's! :D:D Rod, The travel was was referring to , is the movement up and down of the cylinder, not the strokes. The cylinder length and stroke is about the same as the original Simplicity cylinders. I got this one out of that Gilson I got from Kent.

Elon, The up and down motion is related only to the rockershaft. You can measure the up and down motion of the attachment pin as the shaft is rotated.

That came with the hydro. I jut swapped the whole rear end. Now It's time to try to figure out the 2 valves and were to put them.:D

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Elon, The up and down motion is related only to the rockershaft. You can measure the up and down motion of the attachment pin as the shaft is rotated.
Yeah There is enough room the way it is now. I don't think the line fittings will be a problem. I'll know more in a few weeks. I hope to get it out of the mud this weekend.

I'm not sure what I'm using for the valves yet. I have a few one spool valves that I was going to use, but then I thought about my two spool valve I got for the loader. It would be easy but it weighs a ton! and I would have to mount it a certain way, and that is not the way I want to mount it. My boss told me to try to find a joy stick valve off of a loader like his. I'm going to see if I can find one tonight. If I can't get one reasonable, I'll go back to the two singles valves. I made up a mount last summer, that I can use. I'll snap a picture of it tonight and post it.

This is my valve bracket that I bent up. I bent it to "almost" the exact way the original lift quadrant is.

Here is the two spool valve I bought for the loader project. It's really big!

I searched Ebay and came up empty finding a joy stick valve, so I guess I'll use the two single valves.

Well rod, I'm going to have the two vales in series. If I understand how it work, it should work. If that doesn't work, I'll have to tee them off on both feed and return.