Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Riddle me this

ehertzfeld

Elon, From what I know about "open center" systems, the two valves would have to be hooked in series. If they are "T'd" in parallel, there is no way they can develop any pressure on an open center setup. I don't think you want to set up a closed center setup on a factory pump. It may not take it, and you don't want that much constant load on your engine.

Rod, that is how I understood it too. I'm planning on hooking them in series. I got the frame stripped, sanded and primed. The first coat of orange is on, and I'm going down to do a second coat soon. I hope to have it back on all four wheels this coming weekend. then I can start figuring out all the lines.:D

Elon, Since you already have it, I would use the double valve. That would eliminate any problems with hooking two singles together. Without having one of those valves set up for power beyond, I am not sure how they will work. I know that double valve is large, but it may be easier to plum up and get working, and would not look too bad mounted on the plate instead of the two valves.

I wouldn't want a series style plumbing on any valve not made for power beyound as it could bust the outlet of the first valve under pressure. However as long as you don't mess with the relief valve you should be OK since these stock pumps don't go that high in pressure. As for how they will work, you won't have any movement off the secound valve if you actuate the first one at the same time. ie, you can only use one valve at a time with any success.

got some painting done. I forgot to take a pic of the finished frame, but here are the hood and front end parts.

Elon, is that regular A/C orange? Maybe I should just ask what paint you used? Looks good no matter what. I like your mounting of the two valves and handles, just hope it works for you.

Ace brand, Allis Chalmers orange rattle cans. That is the best I have ever done. The sad part is, it's a quick one. I only did it so it will match the frame.:D I didn't take any time in preparation, just a quick sanding and cheep primer. This tractor is being made to work, so I didn't care too much or how it looked. I just wanted all the paint to match. I'm going to start on the white pieces tonight.