Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

nelson coffee can muffler

simplicity707
I was wondering if anybody had any information on the Nelson Coffee can muffler. I would like to put one back on my 2010 but can't seem to find one. Does anybody have a good used one they would like to sell, or point in the direction of where to buy one? My Simplicity dealer told me they weren't available? Thanks, David

UCD
Yes they are available. Must be he didn't want to be botherd to look it up. They run around $55.00 new and bring almost that used on ebay. Call Sandy Lakes implement. one of our sponser listed om main page.

simplicity707
Thanks UCD, I will try that. Instead, the dealer sold me some aftermarket muffler, it's round with holes at the end of it. He told me it would be louder than the one that's on it. I think I'm going to take it back to him and get one of these. Thanks again, Dave

mowerman1193
You can also get the part number from the manual by putting your MFG# from the tractor on the simplicity manual site search box on the clubs home page and look in the manual..Then give your dealer the part number..I have run into the (" that part is no longer avalible deal" ) with the dealer around here as well..turns out alot of parts are still avalible but they would rather sell you a new tractor than sell you a part for your old one..I alway look up the parts myself and hand the dealer the numbers..That way they don't have to look them up..

albj93
Hello, From a post I saved a while ago...I also bought mine from Sandy Lake. Andy "I have a Nelson muffler on my B-1,Simplicity part number 2157634 $47 and some change from Jacks."

BrianP
Thankfully my local dealer (also an Ace Hardware Store) is very easy to work with. When I moved to SC, he sold new machines and serviced the old ones. When he realized he did more service than sales, he dumped the sales end of the business. Fortunately he still deals in parts and is real helpful. I also go in armed with parts numbers taken from my owners manuals. He still has to cross-reference the old numbers with new ones, but I figure I'm helping out by doing part of the work. Besides, over the years I've spent a lot of money in both repairs he did (before my own humble little workshop was up and usable), and parts I've ordered so that probably helps too. With all the Murray and MTD machines I see around here, I don't know how he stays in business. I'm just thankful he does.