Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with constructing grader blade 712H

Michiganmobileman

Hello to all, I would like to build a mid mount grader blade for my AC with electric lift. Do any of you have one of these that you could take pictures of with a tape measure along side for scale purposes. I have a good idea of how i want to proceed from the few pictures and the parts diagrams i have seen but some measurements would help. Also any suggestions from you who have tried or done this. Looks like spring today in Michigan, expect lots of mud as the snow melts, but am happily awaiting the change to nicer weather as i have run out of room to push the snow. Everyone have a good weekend, Greg

Greg, I wish I could help, I have a grader blade, but no digital camera. (I know, I need to get with the times) I just checked out where your from, Barryton according to your profile. Thats about 1 1/2 hours from me, and I have to agree, the sun today is sooo nice. If you don't get any response (I'm guessing you will) I can take some pics and scan them on here just let me know. Mark

come on over and look at mine. I was just thinking that I need to get busy and have the trailer hitches made since we are a little slow at the shop. I suppose I could also make some more grader blade hitches if there is any demand. I have about 3 weeks before we get busy again so I can get a few of these backed up projects done. John

Do you have a front blade for it? The hitch is pretty close to the same, if not the same minus the lift iron, I could measure mine but it's and oem for a FDT. Think they are the same.

Greg, these are the pair I made last year. Both are a fisher cutting edge cut in half. I welded spikes on one, and left the other alone. I made two hitches, one for the mid mount and one for rear. the mid mount was made to fit on the inside of the two mounting tabs, so you can mount a blade or bucket on the front. I can switch the hitches between the two blades. They are still in winter storage, so I can't measure then just yet.

This thread reminds me of Roy last year designing and building a grader blade.... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68613 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=69657

This post is for Skot71(edited due to typo). He was unable to load the pic for his home made grader. It's the bail off a mower deck mounted backwards with an attached piece of angle iron. Scott says it works great for him even though it doesnt pivot. Here's the picture!!

The user name skot71 is registered to Scott Parkison from Parker City, Indiana. He has been registered since 2003.

Thanks Sean for posting that! Sorry for the confusion guys. Wasn't trying to skirt around anything there, just couldn't get the pic posted.

Thanks Rod and sorry for the typo Maynard. These things happen. Wasnt trying to post for a non member. Learned that one a while back...puts you directly behind the 8. :D:p;):Q

I think you're pretty close to john hplcomb, take him up on that invitation. He makes a great hitch, I wouldn't part with mine. Or since the weather is getting better, let me know and I can lay mine out along side a ruler and get some pics for you.

Greg, here is the hitch I built for my mid-mount grader blade. When looking at the orginal hitch, they seemed to have used the same one as the front grader blade, so I just duplicated it. Randy
[img]/club2/attach/hdrhdr/dimhitch.jpg[/img]

Hello and a big thanks to all. Been busy with work, no internet at home so I will get back with the project later this week. Thanks again, Greg