Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New seat deck with 26 inch tires

ehertzfeld

I took my cab off today, so I figured I'd snap a few pictures of the seat deck I narrowed to fit in between the 26 inch tires on my Landlord. I'm going to pull it off and paint it soon. I still need to straighten the fenders up a bit. I think it looks great personally!:D

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Seatpan looks fine Elon, you just better keep working hard so you don't get too wide to fit in there:D:D
Yeah I got to stay away from McDonald's!:D

Elon, Are those tires 26x12x12? What make and style are the tires? Looks good. Thanks for the pictures. David

quote:
Originally posted by Scott Salmons
Would it be easier to space the wheels out?
Yea Elon, Why did'nt you think of that :p

Scott, you would have to make the spacers 3 inches thick with these rims. I am working on a set of 1/2 spacers, just to give it a bit more room.

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Salmons
Would it be easier to space the wheels out?
Yea Elon, Why did'nt you think of that :p
I did but didn't want to make it too wide. I could have kept the seat deck two inches higher but I didn't like the way it looked. Now the seat deck is in the stock height.

Looks good Yes it does! But isn't there too much flotation with those wide tires? Seems like you would lose traction with tires that wide with less pounds per square inch, eh?

Oh most likely! That is why I have 5 more tractors to choose from!:D:D:D If one doesn't get the job done, grab another and try it again!:D

Them tires sure look like mud slingers,I like the look. By the way I have a gas cap cover just like yours, old Caterpillar yellow rattle can cap? Keeps the rain out.^^
[img]/club2/attach/Willy/Watching.jpg[/img]

YUP!:D actually the cap is for the snow wile blowing, with the cab on, the canvas goes right over the gas cap, so it keeps the can cap in place.