Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

BGB

harrya

Harry, type in 990314 at the bottom of this link, and download the manual for the same year Landlord. It will have all the info you need to fix your hole B10 http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php#start

Here`s the instructions on how to rebuild the BGB. You can download the parts and operators manual from the Simplicity site but the repair manual you will have to get thru a dealer, technical publications at Simplicity or ebay usually has them. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76585

• 2 weeks later...
I assume you could do it but it would be a pain in the butt. When i rebuilt the bgb on my 2112, i took the battery, gastank, and steering column off. The bolts the connect the driveshaft and the BGB together need to be torqued down (25 or 30LBS, cant remember), so its easiest to remove this stuff.

I'm not 100% positive but I believe that on the early B-10's with the sloped dash that all you'll need to loosen the dash (remove all the bolts and lift) to get the tunnel cover out after it's been unbolted. You'll also need to disconnect the shifter rod from the transmission. Fuel tank can stay in as well the battery although loosening the dash bolt near the steering colum can be hard with it (the battery) there, at the very least be sure to disconnect it. After the bgb is unbolted from the frame and driveshaft you'll need to support the transmission, remove the pulleys and a side plate and then the bgb. Not hard after 1 or 2 but very involved. Good luck!

if you dont remove the gas tank you will be fighting it and most like will end up scratching it when you remove and reinstall the steering column (it happened to me). just remove it, Its only 2 bolts holding it in.

are you swapping it out with another BGB or rebuilding? I rebuilt my BGB last spring. Its quite easy. The hardest part is disasembly and reasembly of the tractor. Only thing is its expensive to rebuild. I think I had $200+ in a rebuild. All new gears, bearings, seals, and the driver shaft (i think, it was the shaft the driveshaft connects to). If you are in need of a BGB I can find you one. There is a tractor graveyard down by me with plenty of old simplicitys.