Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CJ's first tractor project !! He got it running!!

FastPaul

Got home today to my 14 year old asking if he can put a motor in the LL 2010. He is taking the motor out of the B-10 shuttle that runs perfect ( now a parts tractor) He had a fun afternoon .He should have it rUnning soon.

The boy had a 1/2 a day at school and got right after the 2010,I was quite impressed when I got home he had it all done except for some of the electrical and the throttle cable. She started right up and ran nice. Next thing i knew he had the rototiller on and the front weight ^ the hydrolift worked nice and strong , lifted the rear wheels off the ground at an idle, That's when CJ noticed the left hub all worn out, Went out back and got another one and fixed that. He took it out for a little test spin and tried out the tiller . Now he wants to do a restoration job, I told him he's gona have to get his own membership if he's gona keep this up LOL . I better watch out next thing I know I'll be missing some Ag tires

Looks like fun! Is this going to be another 2 week restoration or are you just gonna let CJ work on it?

quote:
Originally posted by BroadmoorMan
Looks like fun! Is this going to be another 2 week restoration or are you just gonna let CJ work on it?
No I still got the 725 apart .Hes's gonna get it going and work all the bugs out of her and if he's still interested mabe he will do a custom restro :D

Nice to see him sharing the oldmans hobby. So we've seen your sons progress, how about that 725? Or cant we see u getting greasy. lol sm00 -Ryan-

Thats great to see my son turns 10 tomorrow and he is starting to get interested he bought a craftsman to drive in the woods.Hopefully he will stay interested and move up.

Is he going to be known as Fast C.J.?^:D Looking good kid,every young lad need a little grease under his fingernails,it builds character And teaches even the most patient person the fine art of throwing tools and exploring a new vocabulary.
[img]/club2/attach/Willy/Watching.jpg[/img]

He's cheating and using air tools:D. Look like it's going good:D I have to second Willy, Will he be known as Fast CJ? Interest in these tractors, 14 and not a memberC?

Must be a Simplicity/Allis gene.......... Nice to see 'Fast C.J.' following in you foot steps! (He's already got the nickname.......)

A spare parts stash is nice. Not everyone has a spare hub laying around. Hope Rod Hubbard sees the picture of the tiller drive so he can see how it attaches/hooks up.

nice work A set of ags is a small price to keep him interested in tractors. There are alot of kids that if they had something like this to do would have stayed out of trouble. I cant wait to see him restore it.

Roy, I looked that tiller drive over very closely. Now give me those other two parts so that I can hook mine up.666:D